by Tina Russo Lancey, CYT, R-AYF, R-CYAMT
Number: The third energy center in the body is the navel chakra.
Sanskrit: word for the solar plexus chakra is called Manipura. This word translates as “lustrous gem.”
Location: At the navel
Function: The solar plexus chakra is representative of self-esteem, personal identity, digestion, and sense of purpose.
Physical Body Parts Associated: Stomach, Gall Bladder, Face, Muscular System, Spleen, Liver, and the Skin System.
Causes of a Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra: Trauma, Anxiety, Gastric Issues, Pancreatitis, Diabetes, and Pulled Muscle.
Physical Signs of a Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra: Constipation, IBS, Eating Disorders, Liver Disease, Colon Disease, and Ulcers.
Mental Signs of a Blocked Plexus Chakra: Lack of direction, neediness, low self-esteem, aggressiveness, and anger.
While the Bible does not specifically address the chakras, there are verses we can associate with the solar plexus chakra.
- Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” (Genesis 1:26)
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)
- And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Mantras for the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- I am strong
- I am confident
- I am ambitious
- I feel motivated to pursue God’s purpose for me
- I forgive past mistakes I made
Yoga Poses for the Solar Plexus Chakra
- Camel Pose
- Plank Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Child’s Pose
- Bow Pose
- Locust Pose
- Warrior II