by Tina Russo Lancey, CYT, R-AYF, R-CYAMT
Number: The sixth energy center in the body is the third-eye chakra.
Sanskrit: word for the third-eye chakra is called Ajna. This word translates as “perceive.”
Location: Between the eyebrows, just above eye level.
Function: The third-eye chakra is representative of intuition (think about that sixth sense), imagination, wisdom, and visualization.
Physical Body Parts Associated: Pituitary Gland.
Causes of a Blocked Third-Eye Chakra: Inability to let go of the past causing a lost sense of direction.
Physical Signs of a Blocked Third-Eye Chakra: Eye strain, poor vision, dizziness, sinus issues, migrains, paranoia, auditory issues, nightmares, or insomnia.
Mental Signs of a Blocked Third-Eye Chakra: Feeling anxious, confused, depressed, foggy, mentally exhausted, memory issues, insomnia (which can be both mental and physical, along with nightmares), and unable to work past immediate problems.
While the Bible does not specifically address the chakras, there are verses we can associate with the third-eye chakra.
- The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11)
- ‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:31)
- Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)
- In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. (Proverbs 16:9)
Mantras for the Third-Eye Chakra:
- I trust my gut feelings
- I listen to God for wisdom
- I trust God will guide me
- I feel balanced
- I feel aware
Yoga Poses for the Throat Chakra
- Eagle Pose
- Child’s Pose
- Down Facing Dog
- Dolphin Pose
- Plow Pose
- Lotus Pose
- Wide-Legged Forward Fold
- Humble Warrior
- Revolved Lunge Pose
- Locust Pose
- Camel Pose
Leave a Reply